Wednesday, May 26, 2004

And that was nothing like a good joke

I'm thinking of another Uncle Albert quote: 'People come and see me, and we have such a nice time, and then they have to leave, and it's all very sad.' This morning we waved off the Lieberts, stopping by on their way through to camping in Virginia, even though Michael offered to let them just pitch a tent in our backyard and save themselves a very long drive. We had a great visit. The kids were watching cartoons this morning and discovered that you could improve the fuzzy reception by standing at certain places in the living room. We adults stayed up late to talk last night and ended up introducing Mark and Beth Anne to Jeeves and Wooster. It's a good thing the first episode is so terribly funny, because it's the one we always show to people, so we've seen it perhaps a dozen times. 'She is just the girl for you, Bertie. She will make something of you. She will mould you.' 'I don't want to be moulded - I'm not a jelly!'

No comments: