Tuesday, March 01, 2005

It's snowing!

I stepped out of my Dr.'s office this morning to discover small white flakes flurrying around me. Of course it's not sticking, but it's cold and wintry-looking, the skies are grey, and it's very exciting for the first day of March!

Speaking of doctor visits, Baby is developing into quite the acrobat here. No more mere flutters or even kicks. Last week I was sitting at my desk holding a piece of paper in one hand and comparing it against the master copy on the screen, when I noticed that the paper kept moving. Were my hands trembling? No. I was resting my forearm on my abdomen, and my entire hand was actually shaking with every kick. Baby's gotten into this new 'rebound' thing, when I'll feel a strong kick on one side, and then almost instantaneously a strong thump on the other side. Baby is literally bouncing off the walls.

Last night we watched The Dish, a very good movie based on a true story involving the landing on the moon. It's set in Australia, so it's fun to watch just for the accents. The characters are likeable (except for one annoying brat), and there is absolutely nothing objectionable except some bad language. Very wholesome, amusing, and interesting. I called Michael this morning on my way in and said, 'Carrier pigeons!' and we both burst out laughing.

I think we have something happening every single evening before we leave for Holland. Two and a half weeks and counting!

No comments: