Tuesday, September 27, 2005

That is SO weird

Something must have been drastically wrong with my browser, because for the past two weeks or so I have not seen any updates on blogs. It's as if all my friends have fallen silent since about the second week in September. Suddenly all the blogs register scads of new posts that I've somehow missed, and I feel a bit like Rip Van Winkle as I scramble to catch up on current events. Rum...very rum.

Speaking of, Michael and I just recently discovered that for many years we had both been under the same childhood misconception. It took us both a long time to discover that the RIP on gravestones stood for Rest In Peace and not, as we had supposed for years on end, RIP [Van Winkle]. I had just always assumed that Rip Van Winkle must be a very famous fairy tale character, because it was always his tombstone that was featured whenever the topic came up.

No comments: