Friday, May 05, 2006

The May Tea Party

To celebrate Jane's first birthday, we had a tea party consisting of luncheon, tea, and parlour games. It was a splendid success, and though the guest of honour didn't quite catch the drift, she very much enjoyed the guests and all the attention. We dressed up in hats and gloves, and then ate delicacies aplenty, and after feasting retired to the drawing room to play the Poem Game, and then we gave our guests their gifts (because we want to start a tradition of holding birthday parties in the hobbit style, where the guest of honour gives gifts to the guests), and then we ate cake. It was all very pleasant and jolly.

4 comments:

the Joneses said...

Happy birthday to Princess Jane, who seems to have graced the tea with cheer and beauty. And also welcome back online. I was wondering what had happened to you.

-- SJ

Janice Phillips said...

The Poem Game!! I love that game! Oh, man, you just brought back lots and lots of VERY fun memories! Many happy returns of the day...a bit belated, Miss Jane.

Rachelle said...

Happy Birthday Jane! You look lovely!

Janice Phillips said...

How right you are, 'though I have to admit to completely no recollection of that fun time and that's just sad! How old am I?! Thanks for jogging my memory...and now I shall go back and try to remember.