Daylight Savings Time and spring - these are things I can handle coming early this year. (DST does not work well falling on Easter Sunday.) The weather here is lovely and warm, and yesterday we walked down to the playground in our hefty double stroller. Jane swung on the swing - sitting down, holding on - by herself for the first time.
On Monday I picked up some marked-down lamb stew meat. I don't particularly like lamb but it was such a great price that I couldn't resist. I asked Michael what he wanted me to do with it, and he suggested lamb curry. Lamb curry, basmati rice, and flatbread - that was his first experience with Indian food and he has only good impressions of the cuisine.
So yesterday I opened my Joy of Cooking to the lamb curry recipe. It suggested that you serve it with basmati rice, dal (a lentil puree), and nan (the traditional Indian flatbread). I felt adventurous so I made it all! The meal was surprisingly easy to prepare, with the lamb curry stewing in the crockpot all day, the lentil puree requiring little attention and the rice still less, and the flatbread fun to make. I do like experimenting with new flavours and different cuisines. Only, it does show up the holes in my spice collection.
4 comments:
Daylight Savings Time and spring - these are things I can handle coming early this year. (DST does not work well falling on Easter Sunday.) The weather here is lovely and warm, and yesterday we walked down to the playground in our hefty double stroller. Jane swung on the swing - sitting down, holding on - by herself for the first time.
On Monday I picked up some marked-down lamb stew meat. I don't particularly like lamb but it was such a great price that I couldn't resist. I asked Michael what he wanted me to do with it, and he suggested lamb curry. Lamb curry, basmati rice, and flatbread - that was his first experience with Indian food and he has only good impressions of the cuisine.
So yesterday I opened my Joy of Cooking to the lamb curry recipe. It suggested that you serve it with basmati rice, dal (a lentil puree), and nan (the traditional Indian flatbread). I felt adventurous so I made it all! The meal was surprisingly easy to prepare, with the lamb curry stewing in the crockpot all day, the lentil puree requiring little attention and the rice still less, and the flatbread fun to make. I do like experimenting with new flavours and different cuisines. Only, it does show up the holes in my spice collection.
That does sound adventuresome! I really should try making Indian cuisine sometime. I'm totally envious of the marked-down lamb. I *love* lamb.
I think you should switch to Wordpress...much prettier templates and way easy/fun to use. And it never gives weird problems like this.
and you can import your entire blogger blog so you won't loose anything...embrace change, Rose.
Post a Comment