Friday, December 07, 2007

Still scrambling

No matter how ardently I intend to be prepared for the Christmas season, it seems that every year finds me catching my breath and saying, 'Whoa! Is it December already?' I mean to have our tree up the day after Thanksgiving, promptly. I mean to play Christmas music every day, all day long. I mean to light the Advent candles, really and truly, this year, start an unforgettable family tradition and all that. And, most of all, I so want to hang up stockings on the night of December 5th, and have a jolly celebration of St. Nicholas Day, thus cleverly avoiding the whole Santa Clause dilemma once and for all.

Oops. Is it December 7th already? Well, at least I'm thinking about Pearl Harbor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're also thinking of Mr. Hall's bday! ;-)

the Joneses said...

We did St. Nicholas Day: the kids put their boots beside their bedroom doors got candy in them the next morning. (Traditionally, it's shoes, but our kids are fond of their boots.) But we did it December 7 because we forgot it on December 6. A&S certainly didn't care.

-- SJ

Rose said...

Janice: Ha! Yup, I remembered, and sent an email.

Sara: Nice touch, that. We already leave shoes out all over the place, so that could potentially be the start of our own very special family tradition - every day is St. Nicholas Day in our house!!