Friday, July 03, 2009

Overheard this week

Jane: Ella, we're going to do the fireworks!
Ella: No, I don't want to eat that!

************************************

Jane (leading a pretend puppy): See my puppy, Mama?
Me: No, and I don't hear anything, either.
Jane (making loud panting noises): Now do you hear it panting?

************************************

Ella (on seeing me heading off to the nursery, baby and boppy in tow): Is Katy going to bite you now, Mama?

************************************

Jane: What is a leech, Mama?
Me: Well, what do you think it is?
Jane: It's a line.
Me: Well, sort of. I guess it is long and thin.... (There followed a very long and detailed explanation of leeches, their habitat, and their medical history.) What made you think about a leech?
Jane: I wanted to tie one on my dog to keep him from getting away.
Me: Oh!

1 comment:

Queen of Carrots said...

Ha! That one about the leech really got me.