Here we are in the brave new world of 2005! Last year was a fabulous year, and it went by so quickly that I fully expect this one to do the same. But the plan is to savour it while it lasts.
We had a wonderful Christmas in Ohio with Michael’s family. Lots of snow. Very cold. We ate lots of good food, watched scads of movies, introduced Michael’s family to The Court Jester, and learned to play euchre and another version of rummy. Came back mid-week, on a much-delayed flight (but I asked for and got a meal voucher, so we got a free milkshake out of the delay), and had only two days of work before it was another long weekend. (The trouble with all these three- and four-day weekends is that they absolutely ruin us for Real Life. I actually feel ripped off that I have to work every blessed day this week.)
Monday, January 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
EUCHRE! The ultimate Midwest game.
Yes! I had never played it before, but Michael mentioned it to a co-worker this past week, who replied, 'Oh, euchre! Everyone in Ohio knows how to play that!'
Post a Comment