After the cold and snow of Ohio, this past week back in Atlanta has seemed incredibly breezy and balmy. Of course, with temps in the 60s and the sun shining every day, that perception isn’t far wrong.
Another exciting feature about Christmas this year was that the day after, Michael got to feel Baby’s kicks for the first time. We were sitting on the couch at his parents’ house watching The Court Jester, and Baby started in with a workout routine that I felt certain simply must be perceptible externally. Sure enough, he caught the action, and pronounced it absolutely staggering. Sometimes, when I think it’s big enough to be noticeable and get all excited, Baby takes the cue and falls silent. But Michael catches it enough to notice, and sometimes even provides helpful dialogue – ‘Help! Help! Let me out! I’m trapped!’
2005 has been a wonderful year so far. We rang in the New Year with fun and merriment, had two long weekends in a row, slept in substantially through the course of it all, enjoyed every single Christmas present, and the house is clean and the larder stocked. We’ve played two-handed rummy practically every night while eating our surfeit of Christmas chocolates, and we are getting in the habit of going for a walk around our neighborhood every night. Most nights are clear, and we mean to brush up on our constellations so we can admire them eruditely together. This past week it’s been so mild that we don’t even need jackets, even after dark. Two weeks from now we’ll be in Florida for a reunion with my family, and two months from now – if all goes well – we’ll be preparing to leave for two weeks in Holland with my grandmother. Life is good.
Tuesday, January 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How did you already get two weekends out of 2005? Do let us in on your secret! ;-)
Hmm, yes, that was a rather inaccurate way to convey the idea that, in 2005, we enjoyed the SECOND of two long weekends in a row. =)
Rose, I tried to comment on your post about the car accident but for some reason was unable. ANYWAY, just wanted to say I'm glad that you're ultimately OK but sorry that you're in pain. I'm the type of person who tries to ignore pain and it sounds like you're trying to make the best of it too. But, if it really hurts, make sure to follow up with a doctor. Hope you'll feel better quickly so you can enjoy your trips to Florida and Holland (how FUN!). And I'm glad the baby is okay. -Amy
Post a Comment