Last night we were getting ready for bed, and I was fiddling with my hair in front of the mirror. I mentioned how one particular style turned out surprisingly well, considering that I used to think it was not at all flattering, and Michael commented that it looked nice. I went on to say how interesting it is that tastes change, faces change shape, how much I would have disliked it a few years ago, how unattractive I would have thought it would have looked, etc. Then there was a pause.
(Now, I am not one to let innuendos and hints litter the air, going off and sulking when my mind is not being read. One of my most despised female cliches is the classic 'If you don't know, then I'm certainly not going to tell you.' Silly! If he doesn't know, then all the more reason to tell him!)
Me: And the silence grows long as my statement remains uncontradicted.
Michael: Oh, did you want me to say something else? I already told you that you looked nice, so I didn't want to be redundant.
Me: Never mind that! Compliments are never redundant!
Michael: Is that what you wanted? Of course you look beautiful!
Mystery and guesswork are all very well, but a straight line is always the shortest distance between two points.
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You crack me up, Rose. I can still, miles apart and years since we've spent quality time together, hear you say all that. Oh me oh my. LOL!
I know exactly how you feel! LOL Silly aren't we? :) Merry Christmas to you, Michael and little Jane.
Post a Comment