Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Spring is here in shoes of green

I love this time of year. The trees are in full bloom, the grass is green again, and flowers are everywhere. The only drawback to an early spring is that the height of the blooming misses my birthday.

When I was growing up in Oregon, the cherry trees were always in full bloom right around my birthday, and it was a tradition to take a birthday picture of me among the blossoms. When we moved to Virginia, the spring came a bit sooner, and the cherry blossoms were long gone by late April. So my birthday pictures were taken in front of the dogwood.

Now that I live in Georgia, spring comes sooner still, and hardly any blossoms will be left at the end of the month. Our dogwoods have been blooming for two weeks now, and are already mostly leaves. Last year we were lucky to find a flowery bush to pose in front of. We'll probably have to resort to the same sort of thing this time around.

2 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

I miss dogwood trees!!

Queen of Carrots said...

Well, happy birthday, floral or not!

Flowers *never* bloom on my birthday. :-P