Wednesday, August 30, 2006

So to speak

The other night we were reading Luke 6, about the ears of corn and the reference to David and the consecrated bread. (We're reading through the New Testament together in the ASV this time, for variety and a refreshing change of perspective.)

Me: Do you know what that's called in the King James version?
Michael: Shewbread, isn't it?
Me: With an E. And you know what I always say?
Michael: I think I heard this last time we read this...
Me (eagerly, before he can cut me off): There's no bread like shewbread!

On an unrelated note, I took this quiz online. Alas, I only scored 75% because I kept clicking on the Next arrow when no correction was needed, and the quiz read that as a skipped answer.

3 comments:

the Joneses said...

Interesting quiz.

83% for me.

--DJ

Janice Phillips said...

83 for me, too!! Wow, I got the same score on a test as DJ?! That just made my day.

the Joneses said...

92% for me, but only because I thought "Stop or I'll scream!" was too rushed a sentence to require a comma.

-- SJ