Thursday, November 15, 2007

Better eight than never

In which we list (you guessed it! but only because you read the rules on the other blogs already) eight random things:

1) I spent almost an hour online researching the title of this post. I was trying to find the correct spelling for the American pronunciation of the Egyptian number eight. Searches on Arabic numerals led me down some fascinating mathematical rabbit trails, but no closer to a clever title.

2) I can count to ten in Arabic.

3) I flew on the flying trapeze in a real live circus show.

4) The only TV show I ever watched live (well, not actually live, as in the studio: live, as in, when it first aired) was the premier of House (and that only because we had just spotted Bertie in Sense and Sensibility, and were curious to see him in an American role. I hear the series isn't that great, despite being wildly popular with the masses). Every single other TV show I have ever seen was a re-run or the DVD.

5) CVS is my new favourite place to shop.

6) When Jane and I stand on the scales together, we still weigh less, combined, than I did by the end of my pregnancy with her.

7) Michael was always one of my favourite names, but I knew I could never name a son Michael because, well, it kept making the top 10 lists. Falling for MLF was a convenient way to have a legitimate excuse to name a son Michael.

8) I used to like worms, but now I don't. On the other hand, I used to hate onions, and now I don't.

Thanks to the Queen for that little diversion! Due to my late-night lethargy and lacklustre linking skills, this is a self-tagging post, meaning that if you want to join in the fun, then consider yourself tagged by all means.

1 comment:

Queen of Carrots said...

I hope the changing tastes for worms and onions are not too closely related.