Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Reflections

Ten years ago this year I left Oregon.

My oldest younger brother, now twenty, was ten when we left. That means that he's spent half his life in Oregon and half in Virginia. The others, still younger, have spent most of their lives in Virginia. For some of them, Oregon - my childhood home and all my growing-up memories - is but a distant memory.

The children I used to babysit are now old enough to babysit my children.

And here's the real kicker: as of next month, I will have lived as long in Georgia as I ever lived in Virginia!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That makes it seem like you've been gone forever! Missing you in VA still :)It has been so long since you were here too! Hope Holland is filled with sweet memories for you all! You are in my prayers!!
geni

Carrie said...

And don't you MISS IT LIKE....a lot?! I never want to leave. *Carrie grinds heels into the ground*