The last time I chopped off my hair so dramatically was just over two years ago, in the fall of 2002. It had gotten to my waist, and Catherine even complimented me on it when I picked her up at the airport for Nathan and Sarah's wedding. We stayed up far into the night, discussing such things as the advantages of having makeup tattooed on (wouldn't it save SO much time in the mornings if you didn't have to apply eye-shadow?). Catherine returned to Georgia and I went on to England, returning just in time for Kevin and Amy's wedding. The night before, I went over to the Bloom's and Kerin cut my hair - and did a fabulous job, I might add.
Meanwhile. Back in Georgia, Catherine was over at Ron's apartment one day. Ron and Catherine were 'almost' dating, and Michael was moving in with Ron. Catherine turned to Michael and said, conversationally, 'So what are you looking for in a woman, Michael?' Michael's red flags went up, and, suspicious of Catherine's reputation as a killer match-maker, replied vaguely that his ideal woman would be 'godly, intelligent, and someone whom he at least found attractive.' Eventually she did elicit from him that he liked long hair, and proceeded to tell him all about this Virginia friend of hers, who had very long hair.
Then I showed up at the Georgia conference with my new look. Catherine confesses to a feeling of despair upon seeing me, but apparently she stopped short of calling up Michael and telling him not to bother to come to the Sunday school social, after all. And somehow Michael was sufficiently undeterred by first impressions to ask for my email address anyway. All's well that ends well.
Wednesday, October 20, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment