Thursday, May 10, 2007

The substance of things hoped for

This was going to be a post moaning about the trials and tribulations we endure at the hand of our old computer, which has gotten increasingly impossible to deal with. At long last our new computer was ordered, and I waited impatiently for its arrival. It came, it saw, and it conquered. This it is on which I'm typing right now, and I absolutely love it! For one thing, it's a sleek white contraption, and for another, it's very compact (hence efficient): the whole thing fits on our kitchen desk. No more going upstairs for the hobbit! How, you ask? This is a Mac, and as such it comes with everything loaded onto its flat-screen monitor. That means that all we have of computer stuff sitting on the desk is the monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I wish I could post a picture of it. But our camera memory card is all filled up, and I need to transfer the pictures before I can take anymore. Meanwhile, we just sit in front of the computer and take pictures of ourselves, because the Mac comes with a lovely little camera mounted on the monitor.

If you want to know why we bought a Mac, you really must look at these hilarious ads from the Mac homepage. Well, I haven't figured out how to post hyperlinks yet, but go to the Apple home page, click on Get a Mac, and view the ads. Then do the same thing for the Mac UK site. The British ads are even funnier.

Actually, that's not the only reason we bought a Mac. Michael has been working with them for the past year or so at work and discovering that he really likes them. They run better, have fewer problems, have lots of really cool features, and are hardly susceptible to viruses. I never thought I would prefer one to a PC. But I certainly like this one. Especially the photo booth feature. As soon as I can figure out how to publish the photos I'll post some of us.

No comments: