By Jane (Baby) Victoria
Almost every day now, Mama brings me into her room and sets me down while she collects a pile of my clothes from that big white machine that makes that funny noise. She must really enjoy this, because she keeps telling me how fun it is. 'Soon, Jane, you will be able to do this all on your own!' But then, she says that about a lot of things, too. 'Look, Baby, I'm unloading the dishwasher. Pay attention because you will be doing this yourself very soon!' 'See, Jane, Mama is putting muffin liners in the muffin pans. This will be your job one day.' 'Baby, watch Mama vacuum. Isn't this fun?'
Anyway, I can always tell when she is about to start playing with my clothes, because she brings one of my blankets first and says, 'Now we are going to have some Tummy Time.' Then she goes on to explain that she calls it Tummy Time only because she likes the alliteration, and not because it's called a Tummy. 'It is very important that you use the correct names for things, Baby. See, this is your Chest and this is your Abdomen. Or you could just say Front for the whole thing. Tummy and Belly are not specific enough to use. No, a Stomach is an organ.' Ha! She means so well, but obviously it must be a Tummy, since that's what Papa calls it. I like Tummy Time, since I can lift my head up and I get to look around, although often my Tummy makes embarrassing noises when I lie on it. Oops. But Mama doesn't seem to mind. She just says, 'Good girl, Jane! I was hoping you would say that!' and goes right on playing with my clothes. But if she's trying to make origami, I think it's really boring - always the same old shapes!
Wednesday, July 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jane,
It IS really fun once you get big enough to help. Washing dishes is the best, because sometimes there's extra food on the dishes and you can eat it before Mama catches you. Then when that runs out, you can eat the soap bubbles. Also, clothes are fun to pull over your head. And if you don't like the way Mama folded the clothes, you can always unfold them and have her try again.
~D1
Post a Comment