Yesterday Jane sprouted her very first tooth, a sharp spar protruding from the bottom gum. Henceforward no inflatable toy shall be safe from her. I discovered it while she was chewing on my finger yesterday morning, and all last evening as we fed her a practise cup of water we could hear the chink of tooth on glass. It's the end of an era...and the beginning of a new one.
For his birthday, Michael is teaching me how to play Axis and Allies. At first I asked him to teach me as a splendid gesture on my part, because I thought it would be such an incredible Good Wife thing to do. But I find I'm not doing any martyristic favours, because the game is really riveting in its own right. It's very hard to learn, and very difficult to pry one's mind away from; I'm seeing East Front maneuvers in my mind's eye as I fall asleep. I just wish it weren't so intense and so absolutely emotionally draining. (No! No! You can't sink my transport! I'm on an island - I need that transport to move my troops!)
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're a good deal more Good Wife than I am.
-- SJ
Actually, she's not. Just in different ways :)
I know what you're talking about, Rose, with seeing maneuvers in your mind while falling asleep. I've done that too. Although A&A isn't as bad for that as Tetris is - I had to stop playing Tetris because I'd sit through an entire Sunday sermon and not hear a thing because little blocks were falling down before my mind's eye.
--DJ
Post a Comment