On Saturday we took down the Christmas lights, a thunderstorm having prevented this activity last weekend. I was secretly glad for the delay, because I love to revel in the Christmas spirit as long as possible. Anyway, Michael was up on the ladder unthreading the lights from the clips and tossing them down to me, and I was shivering in the chill wind, wearing a sweater with the hood pulled tightly around my face.
Michael: It's so nice that you're not vain.
Me: What? Are you saying that I don't look pretty?
Michael: No! It's just good that you care more for practicality.
Me: I'd rather be pretty than practical!
Michael: Well, lucky for me that you're both.
That was a very diplomatic reply.
Monday, January 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think all young men should complete a Focht bootcamp on how to treat a lady.
Post a Comment