You can read the complete rules here. (And, now that I've submitted my entry, you can play too!)
* A Shoe
From Baby Cheapskate:
I think we've outgrown Robeez (okay, Robeez knock offs, I'm cheap). I can accept that my wee one now needs real shoes (sniff!). What I can't accept is how much toddler shoes cost! I admit, I'm a shoe person; I notice shoes. I'm always commenting on the other kids' shoes at the playground. I love the look of those trendy Vincent shoes, sure, but forty bucks (on sale) for something my kid's gonna outgrow long before the shoe is worn out? Come on!
* A Tooth
From The Duchy Of Burgundy Carrots:
Look at the pictures and you will see lots of teeth!
* An Odd Name
From Doug's Blog:
The Christian Boys’ & Men’s Titanic Society Eleventh Anniversary Banquet
(I really wanted to post a link to his family picture, where you could see children with such names as Justice and Jubilee. But I couldn't find such a link quickly enough without using search tools. Oh, well. This is a mouthful of a name for an event, let alone a society.)
* A Car (fancier the better)
From LinkTheValiant:
I'd always wondered whether the stereotypes of Corvette owners were accurate, and I've received confirmation today. Coming home, I was behind a Corvette at a stoplight. He was waiting with the engine revved slightly above midrange. As soon as the light changed, he was off. I turned the corner in my usual way, and saw that the guy had accelerated to 55 in a 35 zone. Not a quarter of a mile farther on, he pulls off and turns in to a school of all places. . . It's no wonder that, aside from theft, insurance rates are so high for Corvettes.
* A Frightful Dilemma
From Not Alone:
Seriously folks -- I have not, nor do I intend to, change the ability for everyone to leave comments. I'd rather hear honest, thoughtful conversation. But I would ask for a bit of courtesy in return...If you cannot contain yourselves to appropriate comments, then I will be forced to moderate comments (which I do NOT want to do-- but I'm feeling pressed).
* A Discussion of Childbirth
From Focht Tales:
The only thing about the Jolie-Pitt baby hoopla that interested me enough to irritate me was the statement by their apparently famous and accomplished doctor (so hand-picked that they flew him all the way to Africa to deliver their child), something along the lines of: 'The baby was delivered by a planned cesarean due to a breech presentation.'
* A Theological Discussion/Debate
From Kevin & Amy's World:
Frankly, I’m disturbed at the hoopla surrounding the Pope’s passing. If the he were a true follower of Christ, he would not want Catholics to make such a big deal over him. After all, he’s a mere mortal. Or did he claim to be more than that?
* A Funny Line, Joke, or Short Post
From LinkTheValiant's Site:
Little brothers can be hilarious. Case in point, on the way home from work yesterday:
Leah, in backseat: "Thomas, can you get that bug there for me?"
Thomas gets the bug.
Leah: "Okay, thank you, can you get rid of it?"
Thomas reaches for the door.
Leah: "Just roll down the window and throw it out."
Thomas: "But I can't do that. A car might hit me!"
* A Train (the engine and cars kind)
From Breitbart.com:
Traffic on the Eurostar, the train service that runs under the English Channel and connects London and Paris, was suspended for 90 minutes after an electrical cable holder was blown onto the tracks near the city of Lille in northern France, railway officials said.
* A Hairbrush
From Focht Tales:
Who would pack a hospital bag and forget to include a hairbrush? Well, until ten minutes ago, that was me. After spending a good hour wracking my brains trying to recall anything, anything at all, that I'd read about hairbrushes in the past few weeks, it dawned on me that I hadn't packed one for the hospital! Thank you, Darren and Sara, for the timely reminder. Now Baby can come anytime!
* An appeal for money
A very tactful request from MommyLife:
So just remember - whatever shopping you have to do, please save yourself time and money while supporting MommyLife by clicking through to Amazon from the Barbara's Store button on my right sidebar.
* A Hobby
From Mom Advice:
I am passionate about getting good deals, which makes me extremely passionate about going to garage sales and visiting our local thrift stores. There is nothing that thrills me more than to get to spend an hour hunting through all of the "junk" to find that one memorable treasure to bring home with me. I have always been this way, even when we had much more money than we do now. Thrifting has always been an outlet for me and now that we are eating at home more, I am able to use our dining out allowance to score some really great thrift store finds, without busting the budget.
* Green
From The Real Food Revolution:
Open some cans of black beans, or make some in the morning in the crockpot. Add to the beans, cumin, pepper, oregano, Cajun seasoning, dried cilantro leaves, chili flakes, and chopped bell peppers. (I actually roasted the pepper I had and then pureed it with some of the beans and added it all back in, but my husband doesn’t like the texture of cooked peppers if they are in larger pieces.) Puree about a 1/4 cup of the beans and stir into the rest to make creamy, serve with the quinoa and a green salad.
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment