Wednesday, July 28, 2004

For a time, and times, and half a time

Michael and I have been reading through the New Testament together (we're reading the same chapters each day but on our own) and we are now in the middle of that most fascinating and inscrutable book, Revelation. Yesterday I noticed that in the list of those sealed from each tribe, Dan is conspicuously absent. Hmmm. I wonder why this is. It took me a little while to puzzle it out: seeing both Joseph and Manasses listed clued me in that something was different, but I had to turn back to Genesis and read the genealogy to figure it out. And what on earth did the voice speaking as seven thunders say? Apparently John heard it clearly enough and understood it, and then the angel went and told him not to write it down! Very curious.



No comments: