Stephanie was here visiting this weekend. We had a fun time and watched practically an entire season of A&E's Jeeves and Wooster. Delightfully funny. This is the third time through for me, second for Michael, and I can't get enough of the British slang.
Stephanie drove in on Friday night, and we went down to the church for an ice cream social and movie (Cheaper By The Dozen, the re-make. Nothing like the book. Of course not.) Saturday we slept in, had a big breakfast, lay around and talked and watched movies, and went downtown for dinner at her favourite, Casa Grande. Sunday we went to church, fixed our (current) favourite southern meal of fried fish, creamed corn, and fried green tomatoes. More Bertie and Jeeves. Then we somehow got started on a game of Lord of the Rings Risk, which is nothing like the original, in that I managed to win against Michael. This is very different from the only other time I've ever played Risk, in which case everyone resoundingly lost to Michael. It was a fun weekend, all around.
It's funny how my dreams in a shallow state of sleep seem so much more easily influenced by my current state of mind than deep night sleep. I base this observation on the fact that I seem so easily to control my actions when taking an afternoon nap. This fact is brought to my attention by the occasion of my taking a nap yesterday afternoon, and realising that practically every one of my afternoon nap dreams involves eating ice cream.
Monday, July 26, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment