So the Braves lost to the Astros last night. Not that I was awake to see it. Very sad, especially after such a hard-fought series.
Recently I was driving home from work and heard the following joke on the radio:
Two blondes were having a deep conversation. (Michael: Oh, I thought that was the punch line.)
'So which is farther away, Los Angeles or the moon?' asks one.
'Duh!' says the other. 'Can you see Los Angeles from here?'
Ha, ha! It was so funny that I called Ryan Hall on my cell phone to relate it to him.
Saturday was full of unexpected fun. There we were, sitting around at Dave and Andrea's reception (and I was eating chocolate-covered strawberries, my first sweets in seven weeks), and Ron announced, 'Here's the deal. We can either go hike Kennesaw Mountain, or all go home and take a nap, or go on over to Michael and Rose's place to watch Bertie and Jeeves.' He was joking, of course, but we seconded the invitation so heartily that several people came along. We grabbed spaghetti fixings and watched three episodes. It was a delightful instance of spontaneity, a very fortunate thing as I haven't felt up to really planning any hospitable ventures lately. Spontaneous spur-of-the-moment is definitely the lowest-stress way to go.
Tuesday, October 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment