Yet another wonderful thing about marriage is the mutual immunity and confidentiality clause. So I term the 1 Corinthians 13 method of 'bearing all things, believing all things, hoping all things, enduring all things.' In other words, it's our sworn duty to think the best of each other and take everything the other says in the best possible light. So we can get away with saying so much more to each other than we would ever consider with the rest of the world.
Last night we were discussing something and the matter of a mutual acquaintance came up. Michael said, 'Well, I don't know what she thinks about that topic because I've never had a really serious conversation with her.' 'Has anyone?' I said, and then clapped my hand over my mouth to indicate that I couldn't be-LIEVE I had said it and had no malicious intent whatsoever. It was just begging to be said.
Friday, October 22, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment