Friday, October 08, 2004

Morning vignette

‘This milk tastes funny,’ I told Michael this morning.
‘It tastes fine to me.’
‘It tasted funny last night, too, when we opened the new gallon.’
‘When does it expire?’ he asked. He has a proper respect for spoiled milk.
‘No, it doesn’t taste spoiled. It’s just different. Maybe the cows got into the garlic pasture.’
‘Ha! I’ll bet Baby told you to say that!’
‘It’s true,’ I persisted. Put together, Baby and I have special powers. I feel like such a super-hero. (We just watched Daredevil recently.) Ha! What’s perfect aim or super-sonic hearing to an uncannily and acutely accurate sense of smell?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always said that pregnant women are the most perceptive and knowing :) I have even suggested that pregnant women should run our country! (Courtney rolls her eyes each time) HOWEVER, I only make these comments and believe them when I am pregnant! Enjoy, dear friend!