Opening night came off splendidly, and I am SO proud of Michael, whose bottle they changed of sand at the last minute and who STILL turned in a stellar performance. He's the star of my show every day, so no surprise there.
The wretched lawn, which I had put off mowing for two weeks in anticipation of brother Benjamin being down last weekend and able to do it for me only to have it rain torrentially when he got here and thus render him unable to do it while the grass grew like crazy and I stared out the window and fumed (well, actually, we were out shopping a good bit of the time, it being Georgia's back-to-school tax-free weekend, so I wasn't THAT inconsolable, but still), is at long last shorn. It took the last three nights to do and looks like a hatchet job - if it were a person it would demand a refund and go elsewhere for haircuts from now on - but at least it's done. For now. Sometimes I don't even bother crossing 'Mow lawn' off my to-do list.
Houseguests arrive tomorrow and settle in for the next week+, so access to the computer may be sketchy. Which reminds me that I must go off and do all those little last-minutes things. Here's to life!
Thursday, August 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations to Michael!
Post a Comment