Due to a recent whirlwind weekend visit from family, we are now abounding in luscious, garden-fresh, ripe tomatoes. I love fresh tomatoes. So much to do with them. After the guests left on Sunday I drew up my to-do list for the week, my to-do list consisting of a dry-erase board magnetically attached to the side of the fridge. Of primary importance was 'Deal with tomatoes.'
Yesterday afternoon I dealt with the tomatoes. A few were very ripe and were therefore ground up in the blender and frozen for future sauce needs. Some were sliced up and put in Tupperware for lunches this week. All were rinsed off carefully and the ones not being immediately processed were laid out on paper towels to dry. Several were cut up for a dinner of Broiled Tomatoes and the stems were left lying on the cutting board. Before retiring to bed last night we gave the house our nightly once-over and the following conversation ensued:
Michael: What happened to these tomatoes over 'ere? They've lost their 'eads!
Me: I guess there are a few tomatoes running around this house like chickens with their heads cut off.
Michael: So this is how you deal with tomatoes, is it? Boy, did those ones get a bad deal. Did the other ones plea bargain or something and that's why they're still sitting there?
It's amazing how hilarious some things can be when it's late enough at night. But really, it was funny!
Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment