Friday, August 19, 2005

Happy birthday Catherine!

This is a little late, but it has taken me this long to gather the photos and the time to post the photos (which I am delighted to report that I have finally learned how to do! Although I still think it is much simpler to save the photos I want to the desktop, and leave them in a temp folder for Michael to post). Congratulations to Ron and Catherine on the birth of little Catherine Elizabeth, born two weeks ago today! (That was where we dashed out so quickly between performances a week ago Saturday: to visit the newcomer and congratulate the proud parents.)

The following Thursday we dropped off some food, and took a whole series of pictures of Baby Jane admiring Baby Cate.

And then this past Monday was Catherine's birthday. I went over for lunch on Tuesday (incidentally their two-year anniversary - coincidentally exactly a week after ours, not to mention the fact that their one-year anniversary was exactly a week after ours, their wedding was exactly a week after ours, and their engagement came a week after ours. Ooh, spooky. At least we have a healthy three-month lead on the first baby - although, as Michael pointed out, we're going to have to scramble to stay ahead - they could easily beat us on the second child front) and we had a delightful time admiring our respective babies:

and reminiscing about her 21st birthday party so many years ago:

7 comments:

the Joneses said...

Catherine's 21's birthday party was where I asked Lindsay to check out Sara as a potential wife for me. Lindsay approved. Lindsay also did not mention that she had already been told that I was interested in Sara. Lindsay is good at keeping secrets :)

--DJ

the Joneses said...

What a lovely photo essay, Rose. :) The age difference between Jane and Cate is startling right now, but by the time they pass their one-year birthdays, they'll be "the same age." It's amazing how much a baby grows in those first months. Congratulations to Catherine!

-- SJ

P.S. I love that last picture. Lots of friends and lots of fond memories. And, as DJ mentioned above, the fact that I was totally unaware that the Joneses were paying that much attention to me.

Sarah M. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah M. said...

Those are great pictures, something you'd expect to see on Catherine's blog if she had one. Congrats to Ron AND Catherine on little Catherine Elizabeth, II. It is a bit spooky how close your lives have mirrored theirs or vice versa. And speaking of spooky that is one SCARY picture - that is to say it's been a while (group shot)!

Kevin said...

Ah, good times.

Rose said...

Yes, I remember Sara demonstrating how she could scoot sideways across the floor without appearing to move her legs, and other frivolities (it was late at night and we were all wound up) - all unaware of how charming this must have appeared to Darren, of course. As to whose secret source, by the by, let us merely say: Let's ponder this. Sarah, remember in those days how you ALWAYS got killed in Mafia and you were almost NEVER Mafia and how you HATED that? Wow. It does seem ages ago. With the exception of Andrew S. and Clay I pretty much know where everyone in the picture is today, and most of them I'm still in close touch with. Yes, those were good times, but I think (I hope!) we've all changed for the better, and whenever I'm tempted to mourn the happy days gone by I have only to stop and think how much happier I am now. =)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I remember. I still feel pangs of annoyance. So why did it bother me? Because I felt singled out. I never made it father than the first or second round before I was either eliminated or voted out. There's nothing worse for a game than having one person always kicked out. If I could do it over again these days - I'd just skip the game. I just don't play that way.