Or what there is of it. We're heading north tomorrow morning to join my family for our annual Labor Day camp-out. There are cabins with running water and meals three times a day, so it's pretty civilised, although the water (showers, drinking water, etc.) is pretty strong on sulphur.
This was the venue wherein Michael first met my family, two years ago. Three weeks after we met, he flew up into unknown territory, to get better acquainted with a girl he'd seen for one evening, meet her entire extended family and relations, join in on the yearly family reunion, and share a cabin with her father and five younger brothers. Quite the gauntlet, indeed. Next time around (Memorial Day 2003) things were much jollier, as we were engaged by that point. Next time after that (Labor Day 2003) we were married.
I can't believe that, save for the fact that we're flying into Dulles tomorrow and leaving from there on Monday, we won't even be setting foot in Virginia. I still get excited when I see a Virginia license plate on the road.
Friday, September 03, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment