Michael's truck is still in the shop, so we drove to work together again today. Now he is stuck in traffic and I am stuck at work. Amazingly enough, I am caught up on all my projects, and am sitting at my desk completely bored. I have checked my email and my friends' blogs, and there is nothing new under the sun. I am very, very, very bored. Especially because I know if I were at home I could:
1) Fix supper
2) Bake date bars
3) Run laundry
4) Sweep kitchen floor
All of which I have to do, and which I had planned to do tonight, but if it gets much darker and later (and when Michael picks me up, we still have to go back to the shop to get his truck, which is supposed to be ready now) I will just go home and bury my head in the sand.
Hmm. I must not be over the cold yet. Everything feels very grey.
Tuesday, September 28, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yes, when you're ill, cheer is hard to come by. :) -- SJ
Rose, I can totally relate. The life of a working married woman . . . being torn between office and home. It definitely takes some creativity to survive. Hooray for crock-pots. :)
-Amy
This begs the question, "How do you married, working ladies do it?!" :-P I'm in awe at anyone that can manage a husband, actually cook a nice dinner, work and keep their house clean. I can't seem to keep it all going at once. . . lol.
~Ali
P.S. Amy, you really should get comments going on your website. How else are the rest of us supposed to get on your case? ;-)
I was trying to remember what I did in my premarital working days when my roommate was working late and I didn't have a car.
And then I remembered that I usually spent it IMing DOB. So I guess that won't help.
Other ideas: go to comics websites and read old comics. Construct machines out of binder clips and rubber bands. Raid other people's candy jars. TP someone else's desk. Mentally reorganize the house and chores for maximum efficiency when you do finally get home.
Yes, working late was never a drag when I had a fiance to IM! I like your other suggestions. They will probably never happen, but they are fun to think about. =)
~Rose
Post a Comment