Over the weekend we played a game of Scrabble. A few months ago we went through a real Scrabble kick and were playing practically every night, but it had been awhile, and it was good to be back. There was one point at which I got onto a string of bad luck and had not a single vowel. Of course I was too determined to win to risk losing a turn by exchanging all my letters, so I limped along for a good three turns with six-point words, helplessly plugging the consonants in wherever they could do the most good. It was a satisfying game, though, because both Michael and I got a chance to go all out in one turn. His big word spanned a triple word score; mine didn't, which he apologised for at first (he blocked me with his latches), but I didn't mind because my q landed on a double letter score and then the whole thing got a double word score, which means that my q got counted four times! You can't beat that!
Wednesday, September 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Remind me never to play Scrabble with you. 40 points off one blasted Q, _and_ going out. I've never even come close to that. --DJ
Post a Comment